Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Daughter

I have had a long journey with my daughter having ODD, which is Oppositional Defiant Disorder. All children are defiant from time to time. In children with Oppositional Defiant Disorder, there is an ongoing pattern of uncooperative, defiant and hostile behavior. Having a child with ODD is very hard on a parent. My daughter, Cayle is 13. She has been a hand full since she was little. I noticed the defiant behavior early on. She has been in psychiatric hospitals and is on medicine. She is seeing a wonderful Doctor. Some days are almost unbearable. It depends on her mood each day that determines if she is going to have a good day or bad day. As a mom, it takes all of my energy just to keep her on a positive track. Some days are so overwhelming. It's like walking on egg shells watching what I say to her so as not to set her off. I love her dearly and we just take one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment